help me raise money to fight breast cancer
Dear friends and family,
Last year, I made the commitment to walk 39.3 miles -- a marathon and a half -- over two days for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I want to thank all of you who so generously donated last year and helped me almost reach my $1800 goal. Sadly, I injured myself last August and was unable to complete the walk, but I have been training to participate this year. Having made the commitment, I'm determined to follow through. All of the money you helped me raise last year has been rolled over to my efforts this year, although it does not show up on my fundraising page. However, since this is for such a great cause, I want to raise another $1800 this year to support the Avon Foundation and help fight breast cancer. I'm turning to you to help.
Visit my personal page to donate: http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/
First of all, let me tell you why I walk. Breast cancer is one of the many types of cancers and diseases that has touched my family. It's also shockingly prevalent among American women -- every three minutes, another woman in the United States is diagnosed with breast cancer. I am walking so that all the women in my life will have better treatment and prevention options in the future and maybe even a cure for the disease.
The Avon Foundation gives money to support medical research into the possible causes of and cure for breast cancer, education and early detection programs, and clinical care and support services for women with breast cancer in communities across the country. There is a special focus on helping medically underserved women, the poor, minorities, the elderly, or those with inadequate health insurance. And much of the money granted by the Foundation goes back to the communities where it was raised, supporting everything from local grassroots programs to national organizations. The Foundation has given more than $37 million to organizations in Connecticut, N.J. and N.Y., including the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at New York Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University Medical Center, where the Avon Foundation Breast Imaging Center is housed.
Here's how you can help raise money for such an amazing and important cause and help me reach my goal:
* You can donate to me through my Avon Walk Web site: http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/
* If you don't feel comfortable donating online, you can send me a check. Email me at amanda06@gmail.com for my address details
* Pass this email along to anyone who you think would be interested in donating to this worthy cause
* Attend one of our fundraising happy hour events "Booze for Boobs II" in either New York or Philadelphia next month. More details will follow
* Donate an item we can raffle off at one of our events
* Ask your employer if they will match your contribution
* Come walk with us! Join our team, the Breasties: http://info.avonfoundation.
* Send us additional fundraising ideas!
I hope you will take a moment to do one of the things above. Remember: any donation is tax deductible, even if you gave last year you can give again and write it off! If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me. Thank you so much for your love and support.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment