Feb 2, 2007

sometimes i wish i worked at dunder mifflin

let me share something with you. an email sent to my boss, me, well just about everyone at the company, about a factual story i wrote yesterday about the senate passing the minimum wage bill. in my story, i mentioned that several democrat senators said the republicans were stalling the bill with debate in order to delay discussion of the iraq war.

here's the email:
Gentlemen:

I had to scrutinize today's article entitled "Senate Passes Minimum Wage Bill" to see whether I was in fact reading a press release from the Democratic National Committee.

I expect publications like yours to report employment-law developments, period. If I have an interest in reading thinly-veiled snide comments about or allusions to Iraq policy, supposed Republican obstructionism, or the allegedly deprived state of the U.S. worker, or in suffering through quotations from the ramblings of Ted Kennedy, I'll read the New York Times.

If I ever see another piece like this in your publication, you may rest assured that I will urge my law firm to discontinue our subscription.


not sure what law firm he's from, since the guy was good enough to send the email from an anonymous internet-based personal email address, as opposed to his work email address, which i'm sure the newsletter from my company was sent to. if i searched a little i could probably find him, but i just don't care enough.

my boss's reaction: "that's bullshit." oh, how i love working for the "liberal" media.

but, sometimes i really love my job. like today, when a factive search i did this morning directed me to this blog that's what she said in which an employment lawyer blogs about the office and all the myriad of legal offenses michael commits and how much money the employees there could get it if they sued.

but that just wouldn't make for a funny show, would it?

No comments: